Pages

Friday, March 28, 2014

alone outside of home


When I was single, I enjoyed my alone time. I went out to fancy restaurants alone; I went to movies, plays, and concerts alone; I went camping by myself; I went on tours and explored large cities and talked to myriads of amazing people, alone. It was fantastic. Although I am more happy with Mr. E and all of our kids than I could ever be otherwise, and time with any one or all of them is time I treasure, I most certainly still enjoy my alone time away from home, whenever I can take it. Learning to enjoy time out of the house by yourself appears to be thought of as a weird thing for any adult who is married or who has kids - certainly, people know you want time away from kids and occasionally your spouse, but usually they anticipate you spending that time with friends or else holed up in your bedroom with a book or whatnot. Going out and doing fun, exciting, beautiful things by yourself every so often is equally important. It's a part of loving yourself. I say this to the many people this week who thought it was a crazy or uncomfortable thing to "take themselves out on a date" in a way. Don't ever feel weird for doing that. Those things will become a part of you, they will feed your joy in life and help you to grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment