Pages

Sunday, March 30, 2014

the most

A couple of years ago, I had found a post on a friend's (now defunct) blog, that really pricked at my heart. The post asked readers to consider these questions:
Is this what you want now or what you want most? There is a very large difference between the two … does this, whatever this is, take you towards what you want now or what you want most? If your most is worth it, then you will change your now.

In reading through everything he wrote and pondering over those questions, so much clarity came from thinking in terms of what I want now versus what I want most in life. There are a lot of hard questions I’ve had to answer over the past year or so, and my answers to those all come back to what I want most … the things I am willing to pursue over other, more immediate things. Those things I want most I am willing to make sacrifices for, because they will bring the most joy to me in the end. There’s a liberation to be found in knowing what you want out of life, what your goals are. It makes all other decisions that much easier to choose when the time comes.

No comments:

Post a Comment